Thursday, May 14, 2009

Moving Out

My lease is up in July. When I signed the lease this time last year, I did not anticipate staying there more than a year. I thought I would be heading West for school and whatever new adventures California had to offer. While my plans have changed, and I'm not where I thought I might be, I haven't quite decided what to do in terms of my living situation.

I received a tempting proposal last week and I'm still trying to way the pros and cons and determine how I feel about it. I don't like the idea of giving up my own (first) place. I like my own space, I like my own bed, I like my own closet, and my own dirty dishes in the sink. One of the reasons I decided to live alone in the first place was because I was tired of dealing with other peoples' bad living habits. I thought I might be lonely, but I've kind of enjoyed some of the down time. Ive really enjoyed being on my own schedule and having the freedom to consider only myself in my plans. But faced with this new opportunity, I have to determine whether all that I'm gaining outweighs the luxuries I'm giving up. I knew I wouldn't live alone for ever, or at least I assumed I wouldn't. I just didn't expect to give that up right now. I haven't made up my mind, and I don't have to today, but the thoughts are churning my brain into butter. So I have to talk it out, write it out, and I seem to be having the conversation with everyone except the person that needs an answer. Perhaps that's not a good sign? Another potential casualty of my indecision? Not this time; it's too important to risk. Time to wrestle down the Possibilities demon, have an honest conversation about my concerns and doubts, and make a decision.

No comments: