Saturday, May 30, 2009

Running Scared

It's beginning to feel like it's time to pack up and move on. Cut ties and get out of Dodge. Move on to new adventures, new experiences, a different journey. Time is ticking too quickly and I'm missing out on something important.

Let's be honest though, this point has been a long time coming. I've been waiting patiently for something to happen. Some great opportunity to come my way and set me free from this mediocrity. The longer I wait, the more urgently I am reminded that I have to make things happen for myself.

I'm feeling particularly trapped as I shuffle through old photographs of exotic places I've never been and interesting people I've never met. This isn't my life displayed here. And it never will be if I don't do something, and fast.

No comments: