Friday, November 14, 2008

First Snow

Even before I opened my eyes this morning, I knew what had happened over night. The stillness gave it away. I jumped out of bed, disturbing Oliver from his warm spot next to, and yanked open the blinds. It had snowed for the first time this season. The entire outside world was lightly dusted with a clean, sparkling layer of feathery snowflakes, and they were still coming down. I opened the window to feel the chilled air on my face and breathe in the damp smell. Everything felt so quiet, so at peace. This is one of the many reasons I love living in Colorado.

Now if it would only just keep snowing all weekend and force the entire city to shut down for the first three days of next week, I would be even more grateful to live in Colorado.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember how it snowed when we went to see "The Incredibles"? That was a good snowfall, and it's one of my favorite memories from Kansas.