Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The BEST News

On a day when I hate my job (my co-workers annoy the s$#& out of me, my boss is unhappy with everything I do, I can't find an important document, my clients are calling multiple times with the same stupid questions, etc.) I get an e-mail from the U.S. Department of State.

My eligibility as a candidate to become a Foreign Service Officer has been reinstated and extended through April 2009.

If it were appropriate (and not so painful) I would be doing cartwheels down the halls of my office building.

Suddenly all my hopes and dreams of having a career, rather than a job, and doing something important are reawakening.

It's a beautiful feeling.

This is my chance to re-test, score higher, complete the oral interview again, perform better, and improve my chances of actually getting my dream job. I approached it with such a lacsidaisical attitude before, because if I cared too much about it, I had a greater chance of being disappointed. I'm learning that if I don't go for things with discipline and determination (buzz words for the week), I'll still be disappointed, and I'll regret not trying as hard as I could have. I have already registered to take the written exam over again. We'll see where I end up in terms of the oral exam.

I haven't been this hopeful about my future since I started working full-time at Dill and Dill. These little events renew my faith in a God who wants good things for me.

No comments: