Sunday, September 21, 2008

The World According to Kelly

A few weeks ago I published a blog post addressing my initial reaction to Sarah Palin and my growing distaste for the GOP (see “ Sarah Palin, You Just Lost a Republican Woman’s Vote”). Since then I have received a couple e-mails and comments asking me to expand on this or clarify my position. In response I began composing a post intended to outline my personal political views for the upcoming election. After about 8 loosely organized paragraphs on no less than 5 different issues and topics, I realized that it would be impossible for me to articulate my position on any of these topics in a single post. Rather than creating a series of pre-election day posts here, I have decided to launch an entire blog site for my musings on politics and political issues. If you are interested in reading what I have to say on things like, the purpose of government, why people vote (or don’t vote), how electoral systems work (or don’t work) , the American Education system, healthcare/health insurance, political parties, political leaders, America’s role in international development, the Doha Round, the UN, the EU, Burma (Myanmar), Venezuela, Mexico, NAFTA, and a variety of other topics, please refer to my new blog: www.politikel.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading; and as always, if you have questions and comments, please send them along. I love hearing from you – it’s nice to know you’re on this journey with me.

No comments: