Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happiness

I'm experiencing this strange phenomenon in my life right now where it seems like I'm moving out of the holding pattern into a more kinetic state. I actually feel happy. I look forward to getting up in the morning, rather than going back to sleep until the very last moment. I like my job(s). I feel secure in my relationships. I'm looking toward the future and I see potential rather than a gaping darkness. It's a strange, foreign feeling.

It struck me the other day. I was doing something inconsequential like sticking my key into the lock to open the door to my house and I realized I was smiling. I don't know what I was smiling about, but at that second I felt happy, at peace. That hasn't gone away.

I don't want to overanalyze it, because it seems to hard to grasp. I don't want to lose it, or crush it with my fingertips. I just want to enjoy it for as long as I can.

Perhaps if I keep stepping lightly and doing things the way I've been doing them over the last couple weeks this feeling will stick around. Now that WOULD be strange.

No comments: