Saturday, June 14, 2008

Team Denver Marathon

I joined a new running/training group and we had our first run this morning. I think I'm really going to like it. A far cry from my last training experience, it was really organized, professional, structured. While my Team in Training group was great, I don't think I really learned much about how to train for and run a marathon.

I was very impressed with the coaches (professional fitness trainers)and the support staff (a nutritionist, massage therapist, sports physician, and physical therapists). The range of runners varies, but they assigned us to pace groups, with a specific coach for each group. There are 13 other sub-9 min/mile runners - so, in one day I have 12 new running partners. Most of us are there to be social as much as we are to train. Or maybe I just found all the other people there to socialize. Either way, people were friendly and the run was an all around pleasant experience.

Now I'm even more excited about running my second marathon October 19. And no worries - I won't be asking anyone for donations. I may beg you to be part of my personal fan club as spectators or water station volunteers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at Denver, it's a great race!