Thursday, February 05, 2009

Steeplechase

So far today has been one hurdle after another; and I'm losing this race. I'm back at the airport, headed to Seattle for military duty, once again. I got a ticket for driving with expired license tags on my way into the economy lot. I forgot my orders and my military ID on the counter in my apartment (strategically placed so I would NOT forget them). So I had to pay the bag check fee, and now I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get on Post without a strip search, eye scan, and blood/urine sample. Oh, and I missed the 45 minute cut-off time for my flight, so I have to take the next plane to Seattle, in two hours.

I'm tired today too. Not just sleepy, but starting to feel a bit weary. I realized the other day that I haven't had one weekend to myself since before Christmas. My apartment is a wreck. The mish-mash and clean and dirty laundry spreads to the back seat of my car. My head is just scattered. The weeks are almost a welcome repose from the weekends at this point. The highlight of the week nights always being a nice, comfortable dinner with Jim. If I was a bit more organized, I would settle for a night by myself to get my act together. But when 5:00 pm hits, the only thing I can think about is seeing him as soon as possible - what's that about? I'm going to really make myself crazy if I don't get myself in order this week though. We have plans to spend Presidents' Weekend in the mountains, skiing. I'll really have to make an effort this week to at least spend 2-3 hours straightening up my world a bit.

This day is bound to get better though. I just need to stop anticipating the worst and go with the flow. Sunday night, when I get home, it's going to be all about cleaning and organizing; getting ready for the week. Well, maybe after a few hours with my man. . .

No comments: