Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lost?

I'm feeling rather lost today. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I know that I've been trying to put things into this void that don't really fit. It's like searching for a missing puzzle piece but I don't even know if it actually fits in the puzzle I'm working on. Discomforting.

I got into this emotional funk last night and woke up this morning even more confused, more frustrated. I went on a third date with this guy (from the bar) last night, and I think the novelty has worn off; now I'm bored. There just wasn't anything interesting about him anymore. I felt so guilty walking away thinking "I hope he doesn't call me." He was a good distraction for a couple weeks from what's really eating me, but now I'm searching again.

I had a really enlightening weekend in Colorado Springs. I traveled to Fort Carson with my Reserve Unit for out annual Weapons Qualification. A few of us, including one of my favorite girl friends, went down early to put everything in order before the main body arrived on Friday night. We had some free time and made the most of it. She's a good person for me to learn from, and I think she benefits from our friendship in a similar way. I'm a good conversationalist, she's a good flirt. I'm good at eye contact, she's good at physical contact. We cause our fair share of trouble. I'm really trying to take this new-found confidence out for a spin; talk to more people, try new things. I think of it as making the most out of a bad situation. Still, it's an emotional battle and just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost. I'm gaining some good new insights into myself.

I think the weekend I have planned should provide adequate temporary relief: Rockies game tomorrow night, friend in town on Friday night, Mile High Music Festival Saturday and Sunday. A few more good distractions.

No comments: