Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bizarro Kelly

The last week has brought about a strange turn of events. I'm suddenly in a relationship that I could not have expected any less. The even stranger thing is that I'm perfectly at ease with it all. I've seen him almost every day since Friday, and I'm not irritated or feeling smothered. The real trick is going to be not over-thinking this one or talking myself out of it. I'm really determined to just take things one day at a time and let whatever happens, happen.

My friend Nicole laughs at me almost everyday now. She asks, "how's your man?" I just smile and say "good, really good, actually."

Oh, and I met his family. It wasn't awkward in the least. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the next gathering. He'll get his chance to "walk the minefield," this weekend when my sister plays at a club downtown.

No comments: