Thursday, March 02, 2006

Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em

I was supposed to go on a date tonight with this guy from work. This is like the third attempt and he just keeps finding reasons (at the last minute) why he can't make it. If he's really not interested, then why the heck does he say things like, "let me take you to dinner this week," and "it would be my pleasure to take you out"? I'm thinking it's all just a way to fill some need he has to ensure some female attention. I guess I just can't expect for him to follow through. The real kicker is that I know he's not the type of guy I want to date. So am I stringing him along by continuing to flirt and not rejecting his dinner requests?

After meeting Geir this Christmas, every other guy seems dull in comparison. Unfortunately, Geir is happily married. But it does give me hope that God has someone even better for me. It's hard for me to imagine anyone more perfect, but I'm just trusting the Lord.

Why is there such a shortage of men who know what they stand for? My dad tells me not to let guys "invite me into their confusion." If a man doesn't really know what he's all about, why does he expect me to clear it up for him? I have my own interests and goals. I just want someone to be a partner in those pursuits.

Of course, faith is the most important characteristic. I had great examples of godly leadership from a group of male friends in high school. I think their all married now. I have yet to meet a man that impresses me that much (with the exception of Geir).

I'm tired of waiting though. I want to trust God with this, but I'm getting inpatient. Pretty soon, I'll be the last woman standing without a man among my group of closest friends and sorority sisters. Maybe that shouldn't bother me, I'm not really one to fit the mold. Sometimes, when the woman is truly exceptional, it just takes a little while for a man to measure up.

No comments: