Monday, May 10, 2010

Taking Action

Last night at family dinner (celebrating Allison's graduation from CU), her boyfriend made the comment that he's tired of "hoping" for things to happen, and wants to start taking action to make things happen. 

I've been struck with this notion lately too. 

Today, I'm taking action. 

The AIR Foundation has been operating without tax exempt status for 3 years. It's time for that to change. A non-profit is absolutely limited in what it can accomplish without 501(c)(3) status. I arranged a meeting with a volunteer who has her MA in Non-Profit Management to help me get this knocked out. I printed out the instructions, completed much of the application, supplemented by writings/narratives completed last summer when we started this process, and began scouring the Colorado Non-Profit Association website for tips and advice.

I've been more than frustrated with my job lately. In the midst of my research, I began casually browsing the job board. About three quarters of the way down the page, I randomly clicked on a entry and read the description. It might as well have my name on it!

Please pray (and hope) for me as I take action to get this job!

No comments: