Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Septemberist

September is going to be a very busy month for me.

On Saturday, I'm making a quick trip to Orlando to see my oldest friend get hitched - by oldest I mean we've been friends since we were four. I'm coming back to Denver on Sunday so I can run a race on Labor Day morning and avoid the overpriced holiday flights and hotels in the tourist capital of the country. Unfortunately this also prevents me from spending another weekend in Nebraska. Nebraska and I are on a break.

Next Saturday is THE BIG RACE. The Imogene Pass Run is the one I've been anticipating since June. It's certain to be my toughest event yet. Seventeen miles, 5,000 feet of elevation gain, gravel road, a grueling time limit, and stunning views in every direction. Needless to say I'm nervous and concerned that my training to date will fall painfully short. I'm determined to finish the race in the time allotted. If I don't though, it'll be more than my bruised ego to nurse and the resolution to try again next year.

The following Wednesday I leave for Fort Lewis near Seattle, WA to spend five days helping to ensure that our troops are deployment-ready. I hope to catch a good live show while I'm there and spend some hours charging the famous hills jutting up from the coast.

The Wednesday after that is my birthday.

That Friday I leave for Kansas City to celebrate the last of Whitney's bachlorettehood with a kick-ass party. I'm in charge of games - sex position balderdash anyone?

When the month finally winds down, the Denver Marathon will be right around the corner; and honestly the simplicity of race training will be a welcome repose from my hectic September schedule.

So if you're in Denver some weekend this month, I might catch you at the airport.

No comments: