Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Saeglopur

Floating about aimlessly seems such a romantic, unbridled life; letting the current and the wind determine where I end up. So often I want to cast off the ballasts and drift away from everything familiar and mundane. I don't doubt that everyone experiences these types of fantasies - it's what mid-life crises are made of. It's much more an ingrained aspect of my character and personality than it is a desperate urge borne out of a fleeting realization that "this is my life." There is a sense of urgency and desperation that accompanies this desire for ultimate freedom though. At times, it's almost overwhelming; suffocating even.

I have a weekend trip planned and it couldn't be any more timely. I need to get out of town (again). I've taken more time off from work in the month of March than I have in the last 6 months combined, but it's left me unsatisfied, weary and restless. I need a chance to recharge my batteries, find my center. So much has changed so quickly this Spring that I need time to process it all before I go into full-on freak-out mode, abandon everything and head into the wild blue yonder.

No comments: