Wednesday, December 31, 2008

. . . and a Happy New Year

As we all look forward to a new year and a new start, I think even the greatest cynic hopes, just a little, that things will be better in 2009. That's the whole point of New Years Resolutions! I know that the standard shelf life of a Resolution is about 2 weeks, but for some reason there's such great appeal in making that list.

For me, 2008 was a year that I actually reached a lot of the goals I set for myself in January. The self efficacy I gained by being able to check things off my list feels really good. I learned that I AM capable of changing my circumstances, overcoming disappointment, achieving great things, becoming more like the woman I hope to be. With that arsenal behind me, I really hope that in 2009 I can move further along that path. There will always be bumps in the road, but getting over them is something I know I can do.

This really feeds my sense of adventure; to know that I can do just about anything I set out to do. I already have great plans for 2009. Having a job that allows for some vacation time will be really advantageous in my attempts to see more of the world. In the last couple years I've felt pretty stuck. I had time to do things but no money, and really not much drive to make things happen for myself. Now I have a little money, a little time, and a lot of ambition. I'm excited to see what happens. I hope you all stick around for the ride! Thanks for reading in 2008, I'm looking forward to sharing my adventures and mishaps with you again in 2009.

No comments: