Friday, May 09, 2008

T-minus 22 Days

I had the realization today that 3 weeks isn't much time before I'll be running the longest distance I've ever run, in a city I've never been with thousands of people I don't know. I wouldn't say I'm stressed about it, but the all the unknowns make me a bit anxious. I have my flight plan, a hotel reservation, a map, good shoes, solid training, the know-how to finish, really there's nothing to worry about. There's this small voice that utters all the "worst-case-scenarios" in the back of my mind. It makes me wish my Dad was going with me. He always makes those fears go away.

I'm running nearly 23 miles - 3 1/2 hours; just under my hopeful marathon time. I want to finish in 4 hours or less. I think once I get this training run under my belt I'll feel a lot better about the whole thing.

My strength is really not in the anticipation or planning of an event, but in the actual execution. I know that, just like everything else, I'll pull it together in the end and it all turn out beautifully.

Your hopes and prayers are much appreciated. Thanks for your support thus far!

No comments: