Monday, March 17, 2008

Playing Nice

How nice is too nice? At what point does continuing to show kindness to a person who drives you mad just plain dishonest? I'm all for courtesy and even more for actually being kind and compassionate toward people. But I have come to believe that kindness is often mistaken for attraction, especially by men who rarely get female attention. A simple, "hi, how are you today?" accompanied by a smile somehow becomes, "I want you." I'm not a particularly flirty girl and I really try hard to be cautious and not misleading. I never want to be accused of being a tease - though some of my friends are starting to convince me that a little manipulation never hurt anyone. But what baffles me is that a guy can be completely oblivious to what I believe are obvious rebuffs of attention.

On the other hand, I can't seem to turn on the charm enough to get attention from someone I'm seeking out. Is that a hazard of just being genuinely friendly?

No comments: