Saturday, February 23, 2008

Busy as a Bee

The last couple weeks have kept me very busy. And it doesn't look like things will be changing anytime soon. It's funny to look back a few months ago and wonder how I was going to fill all my free time. These days free time is a rarity. Even sleep has been hard to come by. While I'm enjoying the activity, it has required quite an adjustment.

The last couple weeks I've been working at Vodafone in the mornings and for the attorney in the afternoon, except on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I teach at Rivendell in the mornings. On top of that, my marathon training has kicked into full gear. I ran 8 miles this morning with my Team in Training team. During the week I'm running thirty to forty-five minutes a day and weight training a couple times a week. I've been doing most of my workouts in the evenings which means I can't get to sleep before midnight. Then getting up by six in the mornings is taking a toll on my body. My workout goal this week is just to shift my training hours so I can get up earlier and get to bed earlier.

Anyway, I'm continuing at Vodafone throughout March as well as doing my annual military training. I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet. In my planner it looks great, but there isn't much room for error.

The great part is that I'm actually working full time at several things that I really enjoy. The pay will be great too. I just hope I can keep it up. My weekends have suddenly become way too short, and very valuable.

The goal to this would be to pay off a majority of my debt in the next couple months while I'm living with my parents and have few expenses. Then I can get a place of my own. I've been looking downtown. I made a deal with myself though, that I have to take care of my medical debt and pay down my credit card debt before I move in to my own apartment. I hope that will be adequate motivation to be more frugal in my spending.

No comments: