Monday, December 03, 2007

Frustration

I am trained for nothing.

You would think that after four years of college and two years of graduate school I would be perceived as being capable of doing something. Surprise! My education means nothing without 2-5 years of experience in something. It's impossible for someone who spent the last 6 years of their life in school to have experience in anything since they WERE IN SCHOOL. Amazing.

I wish someone had told me that education isn't really worth anything before I wasted all that time and money.

I know I can do just about any job someone puts in front of me. However I don't have any relevant work experience to demonstrate that to potential employers.

I can't even get a non-profit job. Nobody wants non-profit jobs, but still, I can't get one.

I'm reaching the end of my rope with this job-hunting garbage. I guess it means I'll have to do the only I am really trained for: take an active duty position in the Army. That won't be so bad. I mean, at least I know they won't turn me down.

No comments: