Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Interview

I got an interview with a public relations firm in Denver! I submitted about half-a-dozen resumes over the last couple days. I didn't expect such an immediate response, but it's encouraging. I primarily applied at public relations/advertising/marketing firms. I don't know if that's what I really want, but I hope it will at least help build up my resume and lead to other career opportunities. I've realized that in some ways it doesn't matter what field I'm in or what my specific job is, as long as I am in a position to impact the organization as a whole. I look at the big picture. I care about the end product and getting the team on board to accomplish a larger goal. Through my serving experience I've learned that even if I continue working at a restaurant I would be happier in a management position. I can love what I do if I'm in charge.

I always thought I needed to do a job that contributed to a significant cause. After talking with my Dad about all of this I settled for the idea that maybe I should just work for the purpose of having an income and find other things that bring significance. Not that I'm giving up on my ultimate goal to change the world, I just have to start somewhere. For now I'm satisfied just finding a job that doesn't involve serving Chinese food.

No comments: