Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Things in a Day

Three things that ruin my day:
1. People treating me like I'm stupid
2. Overdraft charges
3. Dirty dishes left in the sink overnight

Three things that make my day:
1. Emails or phone calls from old friends
2. Good mail - letters, cards, packages, magazines, not bills
3. Answered prayers

Today was one of those up and down days; lots of crummy things happened, but lots of good things did too. I got in an argument with a work colleague, my bank charged me for making a miscalculation, and the kitchen was a mess when I got home tonight. But, I also got a very encouraging email from an old, dear friend that I hadn't heard from in a while, I got two books in the mail and this week's Economist, and God has really been responding positively to my requests this week. That sounds like I can manipulate God by saying the right words. But really, He is totally blessing me this week. I have been praying for guidance in finding a job, I've been praying specific things for friends, and I've been praying for provision in my financial needs. He provided a contact at a great organization today, my friends have all reported that they have received exactly what they needed, and the bank took off the overdraft charges! I'm just learning to trust him more and more. I want to trust Him even when I'm not seeing him at work so quickly. That's my prayer today, and always; that I don't trust in my own understanding, but acknowledge him in all things.

No comments: